We have, over our professional careers, represented businesses and individuals in various tax matters ranging from structuring transactions to representation on appeals to the Appellate Division and Tax Court. Our senior partner has a Masters Degree in Taxation from New York University School of Law in addition to his law degree and regularly works with many accounting firms on tax law matters. We will work with your Accountant to resolve any legal tax issue which may arise as the result of an audit or in order to structure a transaction.
Our expertise in the tax field encompasses both corporate and individual tax planning and litigation, including representation s before the Internal Revenue Service and other tax authorities. We specialize in handling a broad range of tax issues in addition to structuring mergers and reorganizations for clientele ranging from closely held family businesses to multinational public companies.
Specific tax matters that our firm handles include:
- Tax Effect of Dissolution and Like Kind Exchanges
- Structuring the Sale or Purchase of a Business
- Tax implications of Mergers and Acquisitions, Leveraged Buy-outs and Financing
- Appeals to the Appellate Division and Tax Court
- Formal Tax Opinions and Memorandums of Law
- Structuring Transactions from a Tax Perspective
- Assisting Accountants on Legal Tax Issues
- Private Letter Rulings
- Structuring Sales of Real Estate